Chhattisgarh is a state in centre-east of India. It was carved out of Madhya Pradesh on 1 November, 2001. Here are 10 facts about this amazing state of India.
- Chhattisgarh is the 9th largest state in terms of area and the 17th largest state in terms of population in India.
- It shares borders with seven states-Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Telangana, Jharkhand, Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh and Orissa.
- The forest cover in Chhattisgarh is 41.13% (as of 2019).
- Mahanadi, an important river of Central India originates in Chhatisgarh.
- Naya Raipur is an upcoming planned city in Chhatisgarh. When completed it will be among the very few fully planned cities in India.
- Chhattisgarh is one of the foremost resource rich state in India. Minerals such as coal, iron ore, dolomite, diamond, etc. are found in abundance here.
- Chhattisgarh has a highly developed steel and power sector. Some well known plants include Bhilai Steel Plant, Korba Super Thermal Power Station, Sipat Thermal Power Station of National Thermal Power Corporation Limited (NTPC).
- Chhatisgarh is a paradise for travellers. From beautiful waterfalls to amazing jungles to spiritual temples, this state has everything, Some famous tourist spots are-Chitrakote waterfalls (widest waterfall in India), Bhoramdeo temple, Indravati National Park, etc.
- Lord Ram spent a major part of his exile in Chhatisgarh.
- The tropic of cancer passes through Chhatisgarh
Additional facts about Chhattisgarh
- State animal-Wild Asian Buffalo
- State Bird-Hill Myna
- State Tree-Sal
- Literacy-70.01% (as of 2011)