Let’s compare India and Australia, the sixth-largest and the seventh-largest country respectively.
India vs Australia – country comparison
|Area||around 3.3 million square kilometers||around 7.7 million square kilometers|
|Population||about 1.41 billion (2022)||about 26 million (2022)|
|Capital city||New Delhi||Canberra|
|Currency||Indian Rupee||Australian Dollar|
|Most popular sport||Cricket||Australian rules football|
|Most spoken language||Hindi||English|
|National Animal||Tiger||Kangaroo and Emu|
|Type of government||Federal parliamentary constitutional republic||Federal parliamentary constitutional monarchy|
|Life expectancy at birth (2021/UN)||67.2||84.5|
|Famous wildlife||Tiger, Indian elephant, Indian Rhino, Mugger crocodile, Sloth bear, Asiatic black bear, Gaur, etc||Red Kangaroo, Emu, Koala, Platypus, Wombat, etc|
|Major ports||Kochi, Mumbai, Chennai, Kandla, Kolkata, etc||Melbourne, Port Botany, Brisbane, Darwin port, etc|
-keep reading below
Which country has a larger area, India or Australia?
Australia is more than twice the size of India.
- Area of India – around 3.3 million square kilometers
- Area of Australia – around 7.7 million square kilometers
Which country is more populous, India or Australia?
- Population of India – about 1.41 billion (2022)
- Population of Australia – about 26 million (2022)
- India – 420-430 people per square kilometer (2022) (very high)
- Australia – 3 people per square kilometer (2020) (very low)
- India – Ganga, Yamuna, Narmada, Mahanadi, Brahmaputra, Kaveri, Indus, etc.
- Australia – Murray River, Murrumbidgee River, Darling River, Lachlan River, Cooper Creek, Warrego River, etc.
Highest mountain peak
- India – read here
- Australia – Mount Kosciuszko (2,228 m) (mainland)
India’s GDP is more than twice the GDP of Australia (as of 2022).
- India – New Delhi
- Australia – Canberra
Top 3 largest cities
- Top 3 largest cities in Australia
In which country the life expectancy is higher, India or Australia?
Australia is among the countries with the highest life expectancy. The life expectancy in India is lower than the life expectancy in Australia as ranked by most organizations.
- India – Cricket, Badminton, Football, Hockey, and kabaddi
- Australia – Australian rules football, cricket, and Rugby
- India – Hindi, English, Telugu, Bengali, Tamil, Gujarati, etc
- Australia – English
- India – Narendra Modi stadium (capacity – 132,000)
- Australia – Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG) (capacity – 100,024)
- India – North Andaman
- Mainland Australia
Major international airports
- Indira Gandhi International Airport, New Delhi
- Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport, Mumbai
- Chennai International Airport, Chennai
- Kempegowda International Airport, Bangalore
- Cochin International Airport, Kochi
- Sydney Kingsford Smith Airport
- Melbourne Airport
- Brisbane Airport
- Perth Airport
- Adelaide Airport