This article compares India and Canada, the seventh largest country and the second largest country respectively. Let’s read.
India vs Canada – country comparison
|Area||around 3.3 million square kilometers||around 10 million square kilometers|
|Population||around 1.4 billion (2022)||around 37 million (2021)|
|Capital city||New Delhi||Ottawa|
|Currency||Indian Rupee||Canadian dollar|
|National Animal||Tiger||Beaver and the Canadian Horse|
|National Tree||Indian Banyan tree||The maple tree|
|Famous wildlife||Tiger, Asiatic Lion, Indian elephant, Indian Rhino, Gharial, Mugger crocodile, Sloth bear, Asiatic black bear, etc.||Moose, Polar bears, Grizzly bears, American bison, beaver, etc.|
|Most popular sport||Cricket||Ice Hockey|
–Keep reading below
Which country is larger in area, India or Canada?
Canada is more than three times the size of India.
- Area of India – around 3.3 million square kilometers
- Area of Canada – around 10 million square kilometers
Which country has a larger population, India or Canada?
India is the second most populous nation. Canada, on the other hand, is sparsely populated.
- Population of India – around 1.4 billion (2022)
- Population of Canada – around 37 million (2021)
- India – New Delhi
- Canada – Ottawa
- India – Vembanad lake
- Canada – Lake Superior (shared), Great Bear Lake (entirely within Canada)
In which country the population density is higher, India or Canada?
- India – 470 people per square kilometer (very high)
- Canada – 4 people per square kilometer (very low)
In which country the life expectancy is higher, India or Canada?
Life expectancy is much higher in Canada, as ranked by most organizations e.g. United Nations, world bank, etc.
- Cricket, badminton, Kabaddi, football, and hockey are the most popular sports in India.
- Ice hockey and Lacrosse are the most popular sports in Canada.
- India – Middle Andaman (1,523 sq km)
- Canada – Baffin island (507,450 sq km)
- India is generally a warm country but there are numerous climate zones in India ranging from tundra to tropical.
- Canada is largely a cold country.
- India – Hindi, English, Bengali, Telugu, Tamil, etc.
- Canada – English and French
Highest mountain range
- India – Himalayas
- Canada – Saint Elias Mountains
- India – Ganga, Yamuna, Godavari, Brahmaputra, Teesta, Mahanadi, etc.
- Canada – Mackenzie, Yukon, Saint Lawrence, Nelson, Slave, etc.
Top 5 largest cities
- Top 5 largest cities in India – read here
- Top 5 largest cities in Canada
Highest mountain peak
- India – read here
- Canada – Mount Logan (5,959 meters)