Let’s compare India, a large country in southern Asia, and Brazil, the largest South American country.
Brazil vs India – country comparison
Which country is larger, Brazil or India?
Brazil is the fifth largest country in the world whereas India is the seventh largest. Brazil is 2.6 times the size of India.
- Area of Brazil – (~8.5 million square kilometers)
- Area of India – (~3.3 million square kilometers)
Which country is more populous, Brazil or India?
The population of India is multiple times the population of Brazil.
- Population of Brazil – around 215 million (2022)
- Population of India – around 1.41 billion (2022)
Highest mountain peak
- Brazil – Pico da Neblina (2,995 meters/9,826 ft)
- India – Read here
- Brazil – Amazon River, Paraná River, São Francisco River, Tocantins River, etc.
- India – Ganga, Yamuna, Brahmaputra, Narmada, Godavari, etc.
- Brazil – 26 people per square kilometer (low)
- India – 420-430 people per square kilometer (very high)
- Football, volleyball, and basketball are the most popular sports in Brazil.
- Cricket, badminton, Kabaddi, and Hockey are the most popular sports in India.
- Brazil – Portuguese
- India – Hindi, English, Bengali, Marathi, Telugu, Tamil, etc.
- Brazil – Brasília
- India – New Delhi
Top 5 largest cities
- São Paulo
- Rio de Janeiro
India’s top 5 largest cities – Read here
|Mammals||Jaguar, Puma, Giant Otter, Giant Anteater, Brazilian Tapir, etc.||Indian Elephant, Indian one-horned Rhino, Tiger, Asiatic Lion, Indian Leopard, Gaur, etc.|
|Birds||Toco toucan, Burrowing Owl, Amazon Kingfisher, Hyacinth Macaw, Greater rhea, etc.||Indian peafowl, Great Indian bustard, Rose-ringed parakeet, Asian Koel, Indian spotted eagle, etc.|
|Reptiles||Black Caiman, Cuvier’s dwarf caiman, Green Anaconda, Yellow Anaconda, Yacare caiman, etc.||Gharial, Mugger Crocodile, King Cobra, Spectacled Cobra, Indian Rock Python, etc.|
India’s GDP (nominal) is almost twice the GDP of Brazil (2022)
Brazil vs India
|Area||~8.5 million square kilometers||~3.3 million square kilometers|
|Population||around 215 million (2022)||around 1.41 billion (2022)|
|Currency||Brazilian Real||Indian Rupee|
|National tree||Brazilwood||Indian Banyan tree|
|Capital city||Brasília||New Delhi|
|Largest city||São Paulo||Mumbai|
|National bird||Rufous-bellied thrush||Indian peafowl|
|Life expectancy at birth (2021/UN)||72.8||67.2|
|Type of government||Federal presidential constitutional republic||Federal parliamentary constitutional republic|