Lok Sabha is the lower house of the parliament of India. There are a total of 543 seats in the Lok Sabha currently. Let’s take a look at the state-wise composition of seats.
Number of Lok Sabha constituencies by state
|State||Number of Lok Sabha seats|
Number of Lok Sabha constituencies by Union Territories
|1||Andaman and Nicobar islands||1|
|3||Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu||2|
|4||Jammu and Kashmir||5|
|7||National Capital Territory of Delhi (NCT)||7|
Some interesting facts
- Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu became a single union territory on 26 January 2020.
- Uttar Pradesh has the most number of Lok Sabha seats among all the states and UTs in India. There are 80 seats in Uttar Pradesh.
- Maharashtra has the second highest number of Lok Sabha seats, 48.
- There were two nominated seats for Anglo-Indians in the Lok Sabha till 2020. The two seats are now abolished.
- There are 7seats from capital Delhi.
This is the end of the article