Tourism contributes a lot to the economy of Europe. A rich history, beautiful locations, numerous heritage sites, and ease of travel make Europe the first choice of travellers. The following is a list of the top 10 most visited European countries. Let’s read.
• France is the most visited country in Europe. Around 79 million international tourists visited France in 2022.
• In 2019, nearly 90 million people visited France.
• Spain is the second most visited country in Europe. Around 72 million people visited Spain in 2022.
• Türkiye (Turkey) is the third most popular travel destination in Europe.
• Most countries on the following list are located in Southern or Western Europe.
• France has been the most popular travel destination in Europe for many years now.
Top 10 most visited European countries
|Rank||Country||International tourist arrivals (million) (2022)|
|3||Türkiye (Turkey)||around 50.5|
|5||United Kingdom||around 30|